Welcome to the LINCOLNSHIRE KIDNEY PATIENTS ASSOCIATION
Have you been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)?
On Dialysis at home or at one of the counties’ 4 Renal Units?
Awaiting, having or recovering from a kidney transplant?
Had an acute kidney injury?
Concerned about your kidney function as a result of other health conditions?
Caring for a family member or friend with any of the above?
Lincolnshire Kidney Patients Association is a local voluntary organisation whose primary aim is to support, in any way we can, renal patients along with their families and carers in the county of Lincolnshire.
Contact us if you would like to meet other renal patients or would like someone to talk to.
- Lincs KPA is run entirely on a voluntary basis.
- We provide information and emotional support for renal patients and their families.
- We are the voice of renal patients in this county and aim to work closely with the NHS and other providers to inform, improve and expand available services.
- We work closely with the national voluntary kidney organisations such as the National Kidney Federation and Kidney Care to signpost the help, support and information available through them.
- We offer opportunities for patients, family and friends to get together socially across the county.
- We provide equipment to benefit patients above and beyond what the NHS can afford. In 2019 these included televisions for Lincoln renal unit, headphones for Boston Unit, drip stands and blood pressure monitors for home dialysis patients.
- We can offer small financial grants for patients in urgent need.
- We can provide fistula wristbands to patients. These help alert medical staff that you are a renal patient with a fistula and in an emergency medical situation are designed to minimise the risk of damage to the fistula.